Winter Skincare Routine

Hi Lovelies,

So the Winter season is well and truly here, and although Winter isn’t my favourite season, it does happen to contain my favourite time of the year…Christmas ‘eek’ ๐Ÿ˜€ย But let us not get to carried away with talk of Christmas yet!

Today I want to share with you the skincare routine I have for the colder months. The cold can be lovely to feel on our faces in the mornings, but if you do not protect your skin it can actually cause dehydration and damage. To prevent that I suggest finding a cleanser, toner and moisturiser that is slightly heavier than what you would use for the Spring/Summer The product’s I’m going to show you today can be used all year round, but personally, I find it a bit heavy on my face in summer, but I find it perfect for the Winter Months ๐Ÿ™‚

Cleanser: Kinvara Skincare Cleansing Oil

img_1305

This product has saved my skin this year! My skin would not be as healthy as it is right now if not for this, I know that for sure. The moisture that it adds to my skin is crazy! I can actually feel the goodness soak into my skin, crazy I know but I can! A cleansing oil of any kind is perfect for the winter as it will help add that much-needed moisture.

Toner: Rose Water

I try and use this all year round, but especially in winter as it really helps keep the redness under control, plus it is super gentle and can be used on all skin types ๐Ÿ™‚ I pick mine up for pretty cheap at my local chemist and have never spent more the 5 Euro on it.

Serum & Cream : L’Occitane Precious Serum & Precious Cream

img_1954

As you guy’s know I’m a huge fan of L’Occitane, but never used this range until this year. I started using it at the end of August and my skin is loving it ๐Ÿ™‚ It’s a little heavier than my summer day cream, but it’s exactly what my skin needs right now ๐Ÿ™‚

SPF: Niveaย Sun Range

I’m terrible for not using this more often, and I know many others are the same, but it really is important for our skin in future years! Winter brings just as many harmful UV Rays as the summer does and those are damaging to our skin in the long term! So stay protected and add a few drops to your Moisturiser ๐Ÿ™‚

And these are the basics of my Winter Skincare Routine. I hope that if you have not got a Skincare routine for the winter months, that you start one as I’m sure your skin will thank you ๐Ÿ™‚

If you have a routine of your own or suggestions of products I can add to mine then leave a comment below ๐Ÿ™‚

All The Best!

CJ ๐Ÿ™‚

ps. I haven’t ben paid to mentions these products. they are just the products I use currently and really enjoy using ๐Ÿ™‚

22 Comments Add yours

1. Shutterbug says:

Thanks for sharing all of these Lockett products!! Will definitely have to try the Rose Water!

1. Its so lovely on your skin and feels and smells amazing ๐Ÿ™‚

Liked by 1 person

2. The face wash sounds amazing! is it an oil?

Liked by 1 person

1. yes its an oil and its the best I’ve used ๐Ÿ™‚ If you look it up you can actually get it online and they do ship overseas ๐Ÿ™‚ Its well worth it xx

3. lovejennyxo says:

Tis the season for dry skin, sigh…. is the Lโ€™Occitane Precious Cream super moisturizing? This might be a silly question but what does the serum do?

xo, JJ

1. Yes, it really is. My mom swears by them, she got me in L’Occitane years ago and I used the Angelicia range and and last year, as my skin is getting older, I started using the Immortelle range. The serum and cream both work to help firm up the skin and help prevent fine lines which even at my young age of 28 I’m prone to. I use the serum mainly on my smile lines, crows feet and forehead ๐Ÿ™‚ xx

4. mliae says:

Good post ๐Ÿ™‚ Which items from Lรณccitane would you recommend for super dry skin during the winter months? I have been eyeballing this company, but have not yet taken the leap.

Liked by 1 person

1. If you have dry skin there Shea comfort range is amazing! It is so nourishing and smells amazing โ˜บ๏ธ also a facial oil is very good to use at night after your moisturiser as it locks it in and helps fight The dryness โ˜บ๏ธโ˜บ๏ธ

1. mliae says:

Thanks so much for the info and the link! I’m checking this stuff out for sure ๐Ÿ™‚

2. I hope you like its ๐Ÿ™‚ let me know if you do ๐Ÿ™‚

3. mliae says:

I will do that, thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

5. RachelW says:

Your pictures are beautiful! Great post ๐Ÿ˜€ xx

6. theskinurein says:

Oils are amazing for winter routines! I especially love Tsubaki Oil. It’s high in Oleic acids and ideal for dry winter skin(not ideal for skins prone to break outs though). I wrote about it in my blog I posted last September. Check it out.

7. theskinurein says:

So important that you mentioned the use of sunscreen. The first step to healthy and beautiful skin…always. Just as important though is to use one without the use of chemicals, but rather purchase a zinc based (mineral sunblock). Even if the spf is not indicated, just look at the % of zinc used in the product, it’s a good indication of the protection level.

Liked by 1 person

1. I would never have looked for zinc % I’ll defiantly keep an eye out for it ๐Ÿ™‚
      CJ

1. theskinurein says:

Check out the Sun Chaperon by Ingenium Naturals at http://www.ingeniumnaturals..com ! It’s actually added a s a FREE PRODUCT with the purchase of any one of the body butters.

8. stassyv says:

Just found your page by chance and so glad I did,found this very interesting.i really love having a skin care routine I have stopped wearing makeup at the moment to let my skin breath.i use a moisturiser treatment and cleanser every morning and evening, I use a face mask every week and drink loads of water especially boiled water which is good for the skin.exercise is also great for the skin.i will definitely be keeping my eyes open for your new posts.

1. I’m glad you found me and like what you see ๐Ÿ™‚
      A great skin care routine is the key to beautiful skin! I wish I knew half the things I know now a few years ago!
      Sounds like you’ve got your routine down just remember our skin changes so be aware of different treatments may be better at different times ๐Ÿ™‚
      CJ xx

9. For winter, have to say my number one product Kiehls Hydrating serum, literally feels like your giving your skin water to drink,

Great post.

Liked by 1 person

1. I’ve never tried it, may look it up as it sounds perfect for me to try on mine ๐Ÿ™‚
      CJ xx