Starting My Weightloss Journey

This blog post is a very hard one for me to write, but I feel it needs to be done! For myself and in the hopes that it might help someone else. I’ve struggled with my weight for many years now, its gone way up and its gone way down neither of which are good! At the moment I would say I’m at the heaviest I’ve ever been and I’m not happy about that, but at the same time I’m scared to do anything about it. This is why it’s going to be hard for me because it’s going to force me to see the truth of the matter and that truth is that I’m Unhealthy!!

How am I going to change that?

Well… right now I know that getting out of my comfortย zone isn’t my favourite thing, I mean it’s no one’s favourite thing really, but it needs to be done. After doing a lot or research I’ve decided to try a totally vegan diet for the next couple of weeks and see where it takes me. It will be hard for me, and I’m sure I’ll stumble but I feel good about this ๐Ÿ™‚ Already I’ve been seeing a lot of products that can replace meat and dairy with that I’ve liked even before I decided on this change so I don’tย feel too sorry for myself. After I’ve reached my first goal I’llย sit down and see if I can change anything or try anything else.

What is my goal?

Well to lose as much weight as possible in the next 8-10 weeks. I have my boyfriends Graduationย in November and I want to be able to buy a new dress in a smaller size. Also, I know that I’ll want to have pictures taken, ones that later on I won’t dislike because I don’t like how I look. So that is what I will keep in mind on days when I’m finding it a bit hard! After that, I’ll sit down and do an evaluation and see what my next goal shall be ๐Ÿ™‚

Do I have a support system?

Thankfully Yes, my boyfriend and my family are all very supportive of me with the choice to go vegan. I’m happy with that because I know I’ll have days that even thinking about fitting into a new dress won’t help. And not forgetting you guys ๐Ÿ™‚ I will need a lot of suggestions for what I can eat, so please please please if you have any recipes or tips they are greatly appreciatedย โค

I will be doing weekly updates on Wednesdays or Thursdays with how I’ve been doing and I’ll run through some workouts I’ve done each week. This Wednesday I will also include some before photos (which I’mย very nervous about)then when I’m done hopefully you’ll see some differences ๐Ÿ™‚

I hope that my journey can help others along the way, I’ll be posting on my Instagram and Twitter more during the week ย of what I’m eating and that so if you want you can follow me on them ๐Ÿ™‚

I’ll be chatting to ye Wednesday ๐Ÿ˜€

All The Best

CJ:)

47 Comments Add yours

1. maeve says:

Corina I am proud of you maybe this will inspire me to loose weight too…I’ll try…maybe a different way but ok 8-10 weeks…

Liked by 2 people

1. Thank you Maeve ๐Ÿ™‚ Its been different, but so far i’m not finding it to hard at all right now ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m allowing myself to slip up a little in the beginning tho xx

2. fromdreamtoplan says:

Good luck with this new start! I’m sure you’ll manage to reach your goal! You go girl! XX

Lisa ! http://www.fromdreamtoplan.net/

Liked by 2 people

1. Thank you so much Lisa ๐Ÿ™‚ xx

1. fromdreamtoplan says:

No problem! ๐Ÿ™‚

Liked by 1 person

3. Congratulations! Not only for making the decision, but also for making yourself accountable publicly. Make sure you drink a lot of water, and find recipes you enjoy eating, it will make it easier to stick to. Good luck! Can’t wait to see your success updates ๐Ÿ™‚

Liked by 2 people

1. Thank you so much! I know putting my journey out there might put pressure on me but as you said I wanted to make my
      Self accountable, not just to friends and family! Thank you for your positive vibes and well wishes
      Excited to see what this brings me ๐Ÿ˜Š

Liked by 2 people

4. Good for you! I’m so proud of your choiceโค๏ธ I’ve been vegetarian for over 11 years now and I’ve done A LOT of time being vegan. “But I Could Never Go Vegan” by Kristy Turner was a book I wish I had known about earlier. Super amazing meals that will make you wonder why you didn’t do the change sooner! ๐Ÿ’•

Liked by 2 people

1. Thank you so much ๐Ÿ™‚ I will defo check out that book, sounds like it’s right what I’d be looking for ๐Ÿ˜Š xx

5. Pearl Kirkby says:

Good for you! And I’m in total agree with ‘Mamazed’ about making yourself publicly accountable…this opens your support system exponentially!

Wide fluctuations of weight are not a stranger to me (though to be honest, they resulted from my own slack). One of the best bits of advice I was given was to remember that most nutrients are absorbed through the ‘gut’, which cannot happen if it’s ‘coated’. This person suggested that raw vegs have a tendency to scour the intestinal walls, enabling absorption of those nutrients. Something to consider, yes?

My own success in dropping weight came from following what was commonly referred to as The St. Luke’s (or Sacred Heart) diet for heart patients facing surgery…plus strict compensation f or vitimin deficiencies this diet can cause, which is also why it should be restricted to 2-wks max.

I do not practice veganism, and nor am I a vegetarian – however, I do understand that more crucial vits & mins are contained in vegs than meat…but I believe meats have a place in the diet if they can be tolerated (my tolernce level has dropped significantly over the past 3 decades, incidentally). Then again, I have no Rx’s to take which might interfere with my diet, either.

You, of course will find your own way, and I wish the very best for your success! Do keep us updated ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜€

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you so much ๐Ÿ™‚ I know it’s titled my weight loss journey, but for me it’s about getting healthy.
      I needed to change how I’ve been doing it and going public on here means in a few weeks when I feel like quitting I have a massive support system that my family and partner can’t give me, don’t get me wrong they both have and continue to be a support, but I think you know what I mean ๐Ÿ™‚
      Again thank you so much for the support โค๏ธ

Liked by 1 person

6. omg that looks so cool! good luck)

your blog is amazing and inspiring! let’s be friends online?))

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you very much ๐Ÿ™‚ Feel free to add me on my social media which in linked in my contact section ๐Ÿ˜€ Your blog looks good also ๐Ÿ™‚

7. tiukelly says:

Wow, this sounds great! Good luck reaching your goals ๐Ÿ™‚

8. jasonebane says:

The best of luck to you! I started the same day you posted this, and I’m telling you – you can do it. I started a blog specifically to document my progress and hold myself accountable. I never thought I’d say this, but blogging has helped me control my weight! I have lost 13 pounds since I began blogging. I’m not a professional trainer or anything, but if you need words of encouragement, I’d be happy to cheer you on!

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you so much ๐Ÿ™‚ I know there will be weeks that I will need all the encouragement I can get! Well done to to!! Stay tuned
      All the best
      CJ ๐Ÿ™‚

9. Good luck on your journey! I am also on my own fitness journey. Having a great support system makes the journey so much easier to keep going. Please check out my latest post when you have the chance ๐Ÿ˜Š.

Liked by 2 people

1. Thank you so much ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ve experienced so much support and its amazing! Of course I’ll check it out right now ๐Ÿ˜€

Liked by 1 person

10. Good luck with your journey! Stay focused and motivated.

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m half way in this first leg and although it’s hard at times, I’ve got a really good support network both from family and from online ๐Ÿ™‚
      Thanks for the well wishes and stay tuned for further updates ๐Ÿ˜Š

11. tbtyne says:

I am so excited for you! The Vegan lifestyle is AMAZING. You’ll find that weight loss is the last thing you think about once you start to feel more connected with everything around you, have more energy for life and want to see and do things more. You just appreciate life so much more.
    One thing to keep in mind as don’t focus on the weight as the main goal, focus on how you feel better inside. Weight and weight loss is never going to be a permanent thing, it will always be changing. Try to enjoy all the other things life has to offer, you’ll never be truely happy if thats your biggest concern in life – trust me I’m still learning xx

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you so much for the support ๐Ÿ™‚ It really means a lot!
      I know it sounds like I’m doing this to just lose weight, but I’m not. I just that over time that will eventually happen, but I’m not weighting myself, solely because I don’t want to get hung up on a number!
      Again thank you so much for the support and if you ever have any tips or things I can try by all means let me know ๐Ÿ™‚
      All The Best
      CJ L)

12. Congratulations on your decision to lose weight! I also started my journey today I hope we’ll succeed ๐Ÿ™‚ All the best.

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you! The hardest thing is starting! But also don’t beat yourself down if you slip up ๐Ÿ™‚

Liked by 1 person

13. That’s an awful lot of courage to announce something like this and absolutely fantastic! Good luck on your journey ๐Ÿ™‚

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you very much ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m 10 weeks in now and I really feel a lot healthier ๐Ÿ™‚ and for the first time in my life I’m not worried about losing weight! Thank you for the support โ˜บ๏ธ

Liked by 1 person

1. That’s awesome! I’m excited to read about the continued progress!

14. TrevnJess says:

Good Luck with this new start, it’ll be hard but you have the right support! ๐Ÿ™‚ Go CJ x

1. Thank you ๐Ÿ™‚ it’s going well so far x

15. summeralexus says:

Little late, but love this!! How is this going?

Liked by 1 person

1. Thanks for asking, my journey is still going, though it looks a little different, it’s all about learning about what I like, dislike and what is actually good for my body. Tho I’m not going to put pressure on myself
      Thanks for stopping by x

16. fitvize says:

Hi! Thank you for your post – and good luck! For me, the fitness instructor and wellness coach, it is always a pleasure to read the stories like yours. The best luck!

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you very much ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m still going strong. I’m trying to focus more on getting a healthy body then losing weight. tho I’ve lost a bit and my body feel so much healthier already ๐Ÿ˜€ Thank you for stopping by

17. I’ve just started my journey as well. I wish you luck! This was a good read.

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you ๐Ÿ™‚ and good luck to you too!

18. Rhonda E. says:

you will get there! Wishing you the best of luck.

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you so much ๐Ÿ™‚ Its been hard, but my journey has not finished yet and I’ve not given up! Thank you for stopping by and showing your support ๐Ÿ˜€
      CJ ๐Ÿ™‚ xx

Liked by 1 person

19. Wow your very first paragraph on you home page hit me like a rock! I feel the exact same way. I just started my weight loss blog because i need a change and i need to stop hiding my food addiction. By putting it on a blog I’m blasting it to the world so that hiding isn’t an option anymore, but with that comes insecurity. Im so inspired that you are brave enough to show the world who you are. This makes me empowered and gives me hope that i can do the same.

Liked by 1 person

1. It hasn’t be easy and trust me it won’t be, for a while. But eventually you will get into a routine of eating healthy and getting fit and you will love you who’ve become ๐Ÿ˜ keep strong!
      CJ x

Liked by 1 person

20. Good luck and well done ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ….I have just started my weight loss journey too!

Liked by 1 person

1. I wish you all the best ๐Ÿ™‚ Your journey will take as long as it takes, don’t be worried about how fast others are travelling, we all have different paces ๐Ÿ˜€
      All The Best

CJ ๐Ÿ™‚

1. Awww, thank you. That’s means a lot ๐Ÿค—

Liked by 1 person

21. Thank you for sharing! Wish you good luck on your journey and I will be following you on your way towards your goal.

1. Thank you very much ๐Ÿ˜€
      CJ xx

22. I just started this commitment in becoming healthy too… hayz, nice to read stuff like this ๐Ÿ™‚

Liked by 1 person

1. I hope your journey goes well! It will be hard and long but if you need help, don’t be afraid to ask ๐Ÿ™‚
      All the best