Adventure Time Episode 2: India

So if you didn’t read my Adventure Time post a few weeks ago you won’t know that my trip to India is next on the list of my top destination 🙂

India is and isn’t what you expect. The hustle and bustle of the city is very real, I mean cow’s are freely roaming the streets and it is very easy to get hurt if your not paying attention.  But what shocked me most is how pleasant the people are. The Irish are known for being a very welcoming people and that is also true for the Indians. I’ve never felt so welcome someplace in all my life, no matter what, they would help you out in any way they could 🙂

My first day was spent in a sleeper bus traveling further north to the mountain town of McLeod Ganj which  has the Dalai Lama’s Temple located just on the town’s outskirts. It was nice to be out of the city, but just like it, there were people everywhere! A lot of poor, and you felt bad for having to walk past them, especially the children, but what you learn fast is that any money you give, more than likely doesn’t go to that person. Many of the children are used by others as a way to get more money, which is very sad 😦

The trek up to the village where I would be living for the next three months was extremely tough and took a while to get used to! Living up that high was difficult as the higher up you go the less oxygen there was, But after a few day’s I got used to it and was well able 🙂

My favourite thing about where I lived was the sunrise and sunset, the view in general was breathtaking and on the hardest day’s it was lovely to just sit down and look out at it all 🙂

10398558_139987055429_6420351_n
First Sunset

105_0277
First Sunrise

I volunteered at a local cafe teaching English to some Tibetan monks which was the best craic! They had very little but were always smiling and would do anything they could for you. It was humbling to see the people who had very little themselves give whatever they had to you and others

On one of my last day’s I made the long trek up to one of the highest foothills of the Himalayas and it blew me away how beautiful the world is. I really felt like I was on top of the world!  The next day I traveled back to New Deli and spent a few days around the city and of course visited the famous Taj Mahal, which I didn’t know was actually a mausoleum for the favourite wife of the emperor who built it. truly beautiful!

After three months I was well and truly ready to go home! But I promised myself that one day I would return to India and explore its deep history and culture some more 🙂

If you’ve been to India let me know what you though or if you have any questions about my trip let me know in the comments 🙂

All The Best

CJ 🙂

15 Comments Add yours

1. hbhatnagar says:

I’m glad you enjoyed your trip here, cattle notwithstanding. As for the beggars, some of them are surprisingly comfortably off, and many have made it their profession too. It’s a mixed bag, really. 🙂

2. Irene says:

That’s so nice that you were in India. I am from India and I am glad that you enjoyed your visit to India. I am sorry if you got disappointed at any point. India isn’t that perfect, still there are many wonderful things.

Next time when you come to India, do visit Jammu and Kashmir.
    Its quite different from the rest of the country. And maybe I’ll be able to meet you, haha just kidding.

Whenever you visit again wish you a very happy journey in advance 🙂

Irene

Liked by 1 person

1. thank you Irene 🙂 Hopefully I will get the chance to get back at some point in my life 😀
      It is a beautiful country with so much history!
      CJ 🙂

Liked by 1 person

3. Erica says:

What an amazing way to see a country! I’ve always thought that India would be an amazing place to travel 🙂 I loved seeing your photos, especially the pictures in the mountains, they look so beautiful! 🙂

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you Erica 🙂
      Yes it really is beautiful! The pictures don’t do it justice!
      India is a place I could visit every year and not get sick of 🙂
      CJ:)

Liked by 1 person

4. ohmygoodness, how beautiful! i loved reading this, it was lovely to read about your experience. i definitely want to visit india – and read a few more Adventure Time posts 🙂 x

Liked by 1 person

1. Its definitely worth the visit! Such amazing history and culture 🙂
      Thanks for stopping by and I look forward to seeing what you think about my Next Episode 😀
      CJ

Liked by 1 person

5. notlizzi says:

I’m going to Delhi in December. Any tips? ☺️ I’m a little nervous for India as I’ve never been anywhere like it..

1. Don’t be shocked by the toilets! You won’t always find toilet paper so have some on you at all times. The people are lovely! They are some of the nicest in the world 🙂
      The kids will beg but don’t be fooled! Food is better then money 🙂
      Feel free to email me if you want need to ask any questions 🙂 CJ

Liked by 1 person

1. notlizzi says:

Awh thank you!! I will remember that advice for sure! I’m so excited for it 🙂 love the blog x

Liked by 1 person

2. You’ll love it I’m sure of that 😀

Liked by 1 person

6. darshanakoirala says:

Beautiful pictures! Looking forward to more Adventure Time Episodes!

PS. Next time you visit India, do visit Nepal, a neighbouring country, home to Mt. Everest. It is a country with rich culture, history and beautiful scenery!

Have a great day.

– Glimpsesofdaworld.wordpress.com

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you 🙂 I hope someday I will get the chance to return and I will have to check out Nepal 🙂 I hear a lot of great things about it!
      Thank you for stopping by and checking out my blog and I hope you enjoy my other adventures as they happen
      CJ:)

7. Loved this!!! I just wrote a piece on my trip to India as well, feel free to check it out 🙂 https://youthsgonewonky.com/2016/09/01/could-i-borrow-your-personal-space-thanks/

Liked by 1 person