If your looking for a natural product with a multitude of functions then look no further! Coconut oil has taken the world by storm and I like many others have gotten caught in the whirlwind. I really can’t say enough good things about this precious oil! It’s the one product I don’t know what I did before I found 😀 By now I’m sure you all have heard of coconut oil but if you haven’t, it comes from the matured , dried flesh of a coconut that is cold-pressed to extract the oil. It is 100% natural, vegan and has a great many uses, some of which might surprise you 🙂
My Favourtie Ways to Use Coconut Oil 🙂
- Cooking/Baking – It’s fantastic for cooking and baking. It adds a great flavour to a stir-fry and keeps cakes lovely and moist, plus is a great way to substitute butter in vegan cooking 😉
- Makeup Remover – Gets rid of even the toughest waterproof makeup with ease and unlike a lot of other products, it leaves your face feeling soft and nourished.
- Body Lotion – Feels amazing going on and that just moisturised feeling stays for ages afterwards, also works perfectly as a 100% natural diaper cream.
- Remove Chewing Gum – Works a dream at removing it from clothes, hair and even carpets.
- Breath Freshener – If you suffer from halitosis, gargling a spoonful twice a day for 10 minutes really helps keep it a bay. This is due to its antibacterial and antifungal properties.
- Wound Care – Again, because of the antibacterial properties, it makes it a great way to heal up small cuts, scrapes and is fantastic as tattoo aftercare!
- Polish Metal and Wood – From stainless steel to copper, pine or oak, take a small bit and using a good drop of elbow grease rub it on and leave for a few mintues, then wipe it away and marvel at how amazing it looks 😉
- Cleaning Makeup Brushes – By adding a little to your brushes then cleaning as normal, not only will help remove the makeup but will help moisturise the bristles and help them last longer.
- Shaving Cream – Gets the closest shave ever! Plus no need for extra moisturiser 😉
- Reduce Nausea – Mix a teaspoon with some ginger tea and drink to help relieve and reduce nausea symptoms.
I could go on all day here 😀 The uses for Coconut Oil seem to be never ending, but out of them all, these are the ones I use on an everyday basis. If you have any that you find work a dream for you or you try any of these please let me know in the comments 🙂