Being a broke student but still having that desire to travel is hard, especially when the summer season of holidays and getaways is in full swing! lucky for me I was able to make traveling possible with a little bit of patience and a lot of searching. Today I’m sharing my top tips for budget traveling and some of the tools that helped me make it all possible 🙂 hopefully it will serve you well and save you some money along the way.
My Top Travel Tips:
- Be okay with not knowing where you want to go. Most airlines offer cheaper standby tickets if you’re willing to take any seat on any flight.
- Check out low-cost websites for package deals or last minute getaways. Also, if they have a mailing list sign up as they often send out discount codes to subscribers.
- Most accommodation bookings are B&B, so grab something for lunch at breakfast time and save your money for eating dinner out.
- Unless you’re traveling overseas then I suggest not bringing a check in bag. If you learn how to efficiently pack a carry-on, not only will you save money but you will also save time.
- Don’t be afraid to check out hostels, they can offer a clean bed and sometimes a hot meal for a fraction of the cost of a hotel. Most hostels these days have strict codes to abide by and from what I’ve experienced are quite safe.
- Check with local travel agents as they often have fab deals on places you wouldn’t normally think of going. Well worth the time seeing what is on offer.
- Search for flights and accommodation in ‘Incognito’ mode as this stops the website seeing what you’ve been searching for and won’t hike the prices up on your chosen destination.
Tools for Cheaper Travel:
Ryanair, Skyscanner, Hostel World, Click and Go and Contiki are the websites that I use the most. Over the years, I’ve come across a lot of new ones but I’ve always ended up going back to these. I can safely say you will find a great deal no matter where/when you wish to travel 🙂
I hope that this short post will help you in you in achiving your travel adventures as they have done mine 🙂 If you have any travel tips of your own please let me know in the comments
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored, affiliated or paid to write about or recommend these websites. I simply found them very helpful in my searches and want to pass that along to you guys 🙂