Simple Homemade Scrub

If like me you have hard skin on your hands and feet or want to just exfoliate your body and get it ready for your summer holidays, then this simple scrub is a god send! From my experience, this scrub has to be the simplest homemade beauty product I’ve ever made! It has no unwanted chemicals and can be tweaked any way you wish.

As you’ll  see I’ve left out measurements because this scrub can be made fresh each time in small amounts or can be made in batches and stored in an airtight glass container.

All you’ll need is:

• Oil(s) of choice
  • Salt or sugar
  • Essence oil(s)

Simply take equal amounts of oil and salt/sugar and a few drops of essence oil and mix until combined fully. coconut is always my oil of choice, but any oil you like will do 🙂 Now that you know the basic recipe, I’m going to tell you my all time favourite ways to tweak this scrub, both for the hands, feet and body 😀

Lemon Tea Tree Foot Scrub:

If you suffer from smelly feet and can’t seem to find anything to help, try making a batch of this scrub and using it twice a week, from personal experience I’ve found this works a dream 🙂 Combine equal amounts of any oil and salt then add some lemon juice, between 3-6 tablespoons and  a few drops of tea tree oil. The acid in the lemon juice really helps in breaking down thick, hard skin and the tea tree helps kill the odor causing bacteria, which will help make your feet feel fresh and brand new 🙂

Rosewater Hand & Body Scrub

This recipe is perfect for exfoliating and moisturizing skin before a tan and helps keep dry skin away from problem areas such as the knees and elbows. Like before take equal amounts of oil and this time sugar, combine it with a few drops of rose essential oil and a few capfuls of rosewater. If you want that added moisture kick a little Rose Hip oil is lovely and will help really nourish your skin. The rose water helps sooth the skin and also helps give it a lovely fresh scent, I used this once a week and I can honestly say my skin feels amazing every time 🙂

And those are my favourite ways to tweak this scrub. That is the beauty of this simple recipe, you can create many different scrubs for many different needs. Orange and basil go perfectly and you can use spearmint/peppermint instead of tea tree. The possibilities are endless 🙂

If you make these scrubs and like them or have a recipe you love,  please let me know in the comments.
CJ 🙂

18 Comments Add yours

1. Great post [ I may reblog it on my blog ] 😉

Sabrina || http://www.OrganicIsBeautiful.com

1. corinajoy89 says:

Thank you Sabrina 🙂 I just love the simplisity of it 🙂 Of course you’re very welcome to re blog 🙂

Liked by 1 person

1. How often do you use the scrub?

2. corinajoy89 says:

The Body scrub I use Once a week and The foot scrub, depending on how bad my feet are at least once or twice a week 🙂

2. corinajoy89 says:

No problem 🙂 btw you have a fablous website 🙂

3. Infoélla says:

Going to try & make this! I love homemade, remedy type things! 🙂
    Tonee N.

1. corinajoy89 says:

Let me know how it goes 🙂 I find it so much fun making scrubs and masks(post coming soon on how) with the busyness of life its nice to just relax every now and then 🙂

4. Sabiscuit says:

I’ll definitely try this with the rose oil and sugar option, though I have lots of Peruvian rock salt at home. The sugar might be easier on my skin. Fun recipes. xo

1. corinajoy89 says:

Yes, rock salt would be a bit harsh on your hand and body skin, but would work perfectly for you feet 🙂 Let me know how it goes for you and if you try an other variations
      CJ 🙂

1. Sabiscuit says:

Thanks so much, Corina. I will certainly try to update you. I tend to have dry skin so I normally use honey in oatmeal as a scrub and moisturise with a mixture of castor and coconut oil.

2. corinajoy89 says:

Ohh that sounds lovely! I might have to try that 🙂 I just love coconut oil, honestly what cant you use if for! Oatmeal(porridge in Ireland) I find great for sooth sun burn also

3. Sabiscuit says:

If you try, let me know, too. Coconut oil is everything. xoxo

4. corinajoy89 says:

You’ll love my upcoming post on coconut oil so 🙂 x0x0

5. Sabiscuit says:

I’ll make sure to not miss it. xoxo

5. ThePinkApple says:

such a cool post…..please do check my blog and if you like it…then please do follow me :)…thanks..

1. corinajoy89 says:

Will do 🙂 follow me for more updates and future post 🙂 check out my post on Great uses for Coconut Oil ☺️